Defilements, 1 Definition(s)
Defilements means something in Buddhism, Pali. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Buddhism)
s. kilesa, upakkilesa. -10 d. of insight: vipassanūpakkilesa, s. visuddhi VI. - Round of d., s. vatta (1).Source: Pali Kanon: Manual of Buddhist Terms and Doctrines
Search found 84 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Kilesa, (and klesa) (from kilissati) 1. stain, soil, impurity, fig. affliction; in a moral sen...
Kāṣāya (काषाय, “dark red”) refers to a derivative color, composed of the blue (nīla) and the re...
Nibbāna, (nt.).—I. Etymology. Although nir+vā “to blow”. (cp. BSk. nirvāṇa...
Cittā (चित्ता) is the name of a mind-born ‘divine mother’ (mātṛ), created for th...
Nirvāṇa (निर्वाण).—Is mokṣa;1 gained by doing the vibhūtīdvādaśivrata on the Ganges;2 P...
Viśuddhā (विशुद्धा).—A group of gods of the X epoch of Manu.** Viṣṇu-purāṇa III. 2. 25.
Kālacakra (कालचक्र) refers to a weapon (“wheel of time”, “cycle”). I...
Bhāvana (भावन, “infusing”).—One of the processes for manufacturing cosmetics and perfumes menti...
Yoga (योग) refers to “application / contemplation of mind” and is one of the causes leading to ...
Māna (मान, “anger”) is a Sanskrit technical term used throughout the Nāṭyaśāstra...
1) Kāma (काम, “passion”).—Almost all the psychological states (bhāva) proceed from “erotic pass...
Mūla (मूल, “root”).—One of the ten kinds of “plant-bodies” (vanaspati) a soul (jīva) can be reb...
1) Virāja (विराज) is the name of a mountain situated at lake Mahābhadra and mount Supārśva, ...
Bhūmi (भूमि) is a synonym for adhiṣṭhāna (‘platform’), according to the Kāś...
Mara, (adj.) (fr. mṛ) dying; only neg. amara not dying, immortal, in phrase ajarāmara free fro...
Search found 582 books containing Defilements. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Cutting Off The Cycle Of Defilements
- · Vipassana Meditation Course > ... > Mental Defilements
- · Listening to the Dhamma > The Eradication Of Defilements
- · Cetasikas > ... > Different Groups Of Defilements Part I
- · Cetasikas > ... > Different Groups Of Defilements Part III
- · Gemstones of the Good Dhamma > Kilesavagga - The Defilements
- · Cetasikas > ... > Different Groups Of Defilements Part II
- · Abhidharmakośa > The Latent Defilements
- · Buddha Desana > ... > Two Root Defilements
- · Vipassana Meditation > ... > What Is Vipassana?
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Removing The Present Causes
- · Vipassana Meditation > ... > Ethical Aspect
- · A Heart Released > The Primal Mind Is Radiant
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Arahan And The Attributes Of The Buddha
- · The Sutra of Queen Śrīmālā of the Lion’s Roar > The Inherently Pure
- · The Catusacca Dipani > ... > The Burden Of Dukkha In The Brahma World
- · The Sutra of Queen Śrīmālā of the Lion’s Roar > The Underlying Truth
- · Reading the Natural Mind > Introduction
- · Transcendental Dependent Arising > ... > The Knowledge Of Destruction
- · A Treatise on the Paramis > What Are Their Opposites?
» Click here to see all 582 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.