Dūrvā, aka: Durva, Dūrva; 3 Definition(s)
Dūrvā (दूर्वा) a species of grass (Panicum dactylon), is mentioned frequently from the Rigveda1 onwards. It grew in damp ground. A simile occurring in the Rigveda seems to indicate that the ears lay horizontal with the stem. Cf. Pākadūrvā.
Dūrvā (दूर्वा):—One of the sixty-seven Mahauṣadhi, as per Rasaśāstra texts (rasa literature). These drugs are useful for processing mercury (rasa), such as the alchemical processes known as sūta-bandhana and māraṇa.
Śaṭī (शटी) is a Sanskrit word referring to Hedychium spicatum (spiked ginger lily), from the...
The ritual called ‘bodhana’ is done on the evening of Āśvayuja śukla ṣaṣṭhī. A g...
Pabba, (nt.) (Ved. parvan) 1. a knot (of a stalk), joint, section Vin. IV, 35; M. I, 80; J. I...
Mahauṣadhī (महौषधी) is another name for Śuṇṭhī, which is a Sanskrit word referring to Zingib...
Timi (तिमि)—Sanskrit word for a fish (Hora: shark rater than whale; fabulous). This an...
Darbha (दर्भ) grass is the most sacred of the various kinds of grasses (kuśa, dūrva, etc.) h...
1a) Nṛpañjaya (नृपञ्जय).—The son of Medhāvin and father of Dūrva.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. ...
- · Hiraṇyakeśin-gṛhya-sūtra > Praśna II, Paṭala 8, Section 20
- · Śāṅkhāyana-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya VI, Khaṇḍa 3
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part III > ... > VI, 2, 3. Third Brāhmaṇa
- · Āśvalāyana-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya II, Kaṇḍikā 9
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part III > ... > VII, 4, 2. Second Brāhmaṇa
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Other Medicinal Recipes (continued)
- · Śāṅkhāyana-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya VI, Khaṇḍa 6
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part II > ... > IV. 5, 10. Tenth Brāhmaṇa
- · Hiraṇyakeśin-gṛhya-sūtra > Praśna II, Paṭala 3, Section 9
- · Śrī Kṛṣṇa-vijaya > Description of the Lord's Four-armed Form (Hillola-rāga)
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Propitiation of malignant Planets
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Treatment of Pittaja Ophthalmia
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Medical treatment of female complaints
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Rohini Astami Vratas etc
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part IV > ... > X, 4, 3. Third Brāhmaṇa
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Treatment of eye-diseases which require Excision
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 1: Sutrasthana > Surgical instruments
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Therapeutic properties of drugs
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Various other medicinal Recipes (continued)
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 1: Sutrasthana > Drugs of specific actions
» Click here to see all 43 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.