Columbine: 1 definition
Columbine means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Columbine in North America is the name of a plant defined with Aquilegia canadensis in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Aquilegia canadensis var. latiuscula (Greene) Munz (among others).
2) Columbine is also identified with Aquilegia vulgaris It has the synonym Aquilegia vulgaris Richardson (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Regnum Vegetabile, or ‘a Series of Handbooks for the Use of Plant Taxonomists and Plant Geographers’ (1993)
· Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club (1898)
· Flora Japonica (Thunberg) (1784)
· Contributions from the United States National Herbarium (1918)
· Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden (1899)
· Repertorium Specierum Novarum Regni Vegetabilis (1914)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Columbine, for example side effects, chemical composition, extract dosage, pregnancy safety, diet and recipes, health benefits, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Ends with: Chiricahua mountain columbine, Colorado blue columbine, Common columbine, European columbine, Fragrans columbine, Garden columbine, Mancos columbine, Red columbine, Sweet-scented columbine, Western columbine, Western red columbine.
Full-text: Mancos columbine, Common columbine, Sweet-scented columbine, Fragrans columbine, Red columbine, European columbine, Garden columbine, Western red columbine, Western columbine, Colorado blue columbine, Van houtte's columbine, Chiricahua mountain columbine.
Search found 1 books and stories containing Columbine; (plurals include: Columbines). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles:
Mobile Magic on Life and Work < [January – March, 2008]
Reviews < [October - December 1973]