Cirukancankorai: 1 definition
Cirukancankorai means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Cirukancankorai in India is the name of a plant defined with Ocimum americanum in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Ocimum petitianum A. Rich. (among others).
2) Cirukancankorai is also identified with Ocimum basilicum It has the synonym Plectranthus barrelieri Spreng. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Flora Cochinchinensis (1790)
· Taxon (1979)
· Amoenitates academicae (1755)
· Encycl. (Lamarck) (1785)
· Acta Phytotaxonomica Sinica (1984)
· Systema Vegetabilium (1825)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Cirukancankorai, for example pregnancy safety, health benefits, side effects, chemical composition, diet and recipes, extract dosage, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Cirukancankorai; (plurals include: Cirukancankorais) in any book or story.