Chakalli: 1 definition
Chakalli means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Chakalli in India is the name of a plant defined with Cissus pallida in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Vitis pallida Wight & Arn. (among others).
2) Chakalli is also identified with Cissus verticillata It has the synonym Vitis obtusata (Benth.) Hemsl. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Repertorio fisiconatural de la isla de Cuba. Havana (1866)
· Nomenclator Botanicus. (1840)
· Biol. Cent.-Amer., Bot. (1879)
· Cat. Ind. Pl. (1833)
· Species Plantarum
· Botanical Exchange Club and Society of the British Isles (Report) (1913)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Chakalli, for example chemical composition, pregnancy safety, extract dosage, diet and recipes, health benefits, side effects, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Chakalli; (plurals include: Chakallis) in any book or story.