Castor, 1 Definition(s)
Castor means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
General definition (in Hinduism)
Castor and Pollux of Greek mythology:—Ushas was accompanied by the Aswins, twin horses; these are morning and evening, since the darkness comes at evening as well as at morning, and these are the originals of the twin brothers whom we meet in every literature like Castor and Pollux.Source: archive.org: Sanskrit and its kindred literatures Studies in comparative mythology
Search found 39 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Yama (यम).—Protector deity of the southern cremation ground.—Yama is associated with the south ...
Eraṇḍa (एरण्ड) is a Sanskrit word referring to Ricinus communis (castor-oil-plant), a plant ...
1) Citra (चित्र, “portrait”) refers to one of the twenty-one sandhyantara, or “distinct charact...
Vardhamāna (वर्धमान).—One of the seven major mountains situated on the western side of...
Snigdhā (स्निग्धा).—A type of glance (dṛṣṭi) expressing a dominant state (sthāyibhāva)...
Jati or jata means arising or coming up.
1a) Vyāghra (व्याघ्र).—A son of Yātudhāna and father of Nirānanda.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III...
1a) Punarvasu (पुनर्वसु).—A Nakṣatra: Importance of Śrāddha on.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa V. 23....
Taruṇa (तरुण) is another name (synonym) for Śvetairaṇḍa: one of the three varieties of Eraṇḍ...
Yācanaka (याचनक) is another name (synonym) for Raktairaṇḍa: one of the three varieties of Er...
Śuklā (शुक्ला) is another name for Vidyullatā, one of the seven major rivers in Kuśadvīpa, a...
Cancu (चन्चु).—(Hārīta)—a son of Harita and father of Vijaya and Sudeva (Vasudeva, ...
1) Dantī (दन्ती):—A Sanskrit word referring to the “wild croton”, a plant ...
Castor and Pollux of Greek mythology:—Ushas was accompanied by the Aswins, twin horses; these a...
Raktairaṇḍa (रक्तैरण्ड, “red eraṇḍa”) refers to one of the three varieties of Er...
Search found 47 books containing Castor. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Jataka, Volume II > ... > No. 295. Anta-Jātaka
- · Village Folk-tales of Ceylon Volume 2 > ... > The Decoction Of Eight Nelli Fruits
- · Village Folk-tales of Ceylon Volume 2 > ... > The Wicked Elder Brother
- · The Jataka, Volume I > ... > No. 109. Kuṇḍakapūva-Jātaka
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Part 13: Extinction of the congregation
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Various Recipes
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Part 16: Ṛṣabha’s nirvāṇa
- · The Garuda Purana > An Account of the Ten-Days' Ceremonies
- · Later Chola Temples > ... > Appendix: Nanadesis
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The medical treatment of hernia
- · Abhidhamma In Daily Life > ... > Mana
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 1: Sutrasthana > Recipes of purgative drugs
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The medical treatment of Fistula-in-ano
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 1: Sutrasthana > Suitable and unsuitables for health
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > Chapter XLI
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Medical treatment of fever etc
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The medical treatment of Glandular Swellings
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The medical treatment of wounds or sores
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The medical treatment of swellings
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Part 18: The attack on Caṇḍavega
» Click here to see all 47 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.