Caspian manna: 1 definition
Caspian manna means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Caspian manna in English is the name of a plant defined with Alhagi maurorum in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Alhagi persarum Boiss. & Buhse (among others).
2) Caspian manna is also identified with Alhagi pseudalhagi It has the synonym Alhagi pseudalhagi (M. Bieb.) Desv. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Acta Helvetica, Physico-Mathematico-Anatomico-Botanico-Medica (1755)
· Hort. Goenk. (1812)
· Annals of the Missouri Botanical Garden (1994)
· Species Plantarum (1753)
· United Arab Rep. J. (1979)
· Vorlesungen der Churpfälzischen physicalisch-öconomischen Gesellschaft (1787)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Caspian manna, for example pregnancy safety, extract dosage, side effects, diet and recipes, chemical composition, health benefits, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Partial matches: Manna.
No search results for Caspian manna; (plurals include: Caspian mannas) in any book or story.