Cape jasmine: 1 definition
Cape jasmine means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Cape jasmine in English is the name of a plant defined with Gardenia jasminoides in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Gardenia jasminoides var. fortuniana (Lindl.) H. Hara (among others).
2) Cape jasmine is also identified with Tabernaemontana divaricata It has the synonym Jasminum zeylanicum Burm.f. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Journal of Japanese Botany (1990)
· Int. Immunopharmacol.
· Taxon (1980)
· Journal of Ethnopharmacology (2005)
· Guihaia (1986)
· Aspects of Plant Sciences (1987)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Cape jasmine, for example extract dosage, diet and recipes, health benefits, pregnancy safety, side effects, chemical composition, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Partial matches: Jasmine, Cape.
Search found 1 books and stories containing Cape jasmine; (plurals include: Cape jasmines). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles:
Bhesajjakkhandhaka (Chapter on Medicine) (by Hin-tak Sik)
Medicines (f): Gum-Resins (Jatu) < [Chapter 4 - Medicinal Substances in the Chapter on Medicine]