Candraloka, 1 Definition(s)
Candraloka means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Candraloka (चन्द्रलोक).—Attained by those who observe RohiṇīCandraśayana vratam.*
- * Matsya-purāṇa 57. 26; 193. 76.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 4 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Baladeva Vidyabhushana was a prominent Gaudiya Vaishnava acharya. He never mentioned his bir...
Candratīrtha (चन्द्रतीर्थ).—Sages of this locality near Cape Comorin visited Dvārakā; fit...
Candravrata (चन्द्रव्रत).—Leads to Candraloka.** Matsya-purāṇa 101. 75.
Cāndramasaloka (चान्द्रमसलोक).—The region of moon to which Soma sacrificers go; see Ca...
Search found 5 books containing Candraloka. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the anecdote of Sāvitrī, on gifts and on the effects of Karmas
- · The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad > ... > Yajnavalkya and Gargi (I)
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the conversation between Sāvitrī and Yama and on the fruition of Karmas
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the origin of Gaṅgā
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > The Philosophy of Baladeva Vidyābhūṣaṇa
» Click here to see all 5 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.