California melic: 1 definition
California melic means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
California melic in English is the name of a plant defined with Melica imperfecta in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Melica parishii Vasey ex Beal (among others).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences (1870)
· Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1885)
· Synopsis Plantarum Glumacearum (1854)
· Geological Survey of California, Botany (1880)
· Annals of Natural History (1838)
· Mémoires de l’Académie Impériale des Sciences de Saint-Pétersbourg. Sixième Série. Sciences Mathématiques, Physiques et Naturelles. Seconde Partie: Sciences Naturelles (1836)
If you are looking for specific details regarding California melic, for example pregnancy safety, diet and recipes, health benefits, chemical composition, side effects, extract dosage, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for California melic; (plurals include: California melics) in any book or story.