Bohangossa: 1 definition
Bohangossa means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Bohangossa in Benin is the name of a plant defined with Aframomum melegueta in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Alexis grandiflora (Sm.) Salisb. (among others).
2) Bohangossa is also identified with Combretum collinum It has the synonym Combretum monticola Engl. & Gilg (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Museum Senckenbergianum (1837)
· Scripta Botanica Belgica (2006)
· World Checklist of Seed Plants (1995)
· Journal of Ethnopharmacology (1982)
· Monographien afrikanischer Pflanzen-Familien und -Gattungen (1899)
· Journal of Ethnopharmacology (2005)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Bohangossa, for example health benefits, diet and recipes, extract dosage, chemical composition, pregnancy safety, side effects, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Bohangossa; (plurals include: Bohangossas) in any book or story.