Bhaluki, Bhāluki: 6 definitions
Bhaluki means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Purana and Itihasa (epic history)Source: archive.org: Puranic Encyclopedia
1) Bhāluki (भालुकि).—A Ṛṣi, who was a member of Yudhiṣṭhira’s assembly. (Sabhā Parva, Chapter 4, Verse 15).
2) Bhāluki (भालुकि).—A maharṣi. He also accompanied the Pāṇḍavas to Dvaitavana. (Vana Parva, Chapter 27).
3) Bhāluki (भालुकि).—An ācārya. He was a disciple of Lāṅgali, a member of the Sāma line of disciples of Vyāsa. (Vāyu Purāṇa).Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: The Purana Index
Bhāluki (भालुकि).—A Lāngala.*
- * Vāyu-purāṇa 61. 42.
The Purana (पुराण, purāṇas) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahapuranas total over 400,000 shlokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Languages of India and abroad
Sanskrit dictionarySource: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Aufrecht Catalogus Catalogorum
1) Bhāluki (भालुकि) as mentioned in Aufrecht’s Catalogus Catalogorum:—an authority on yoga, quoted in Haṭhapradīpikā W. p. 196, on medicine in Ṭoḍarānanda W. p. 289.
2) Bhāluki (भालुकि):—an authority on medicine, quoted in Ātaṅkadarpaṇa, Fl. 345.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary
1) Bhāluki (भालुकि):—m. ([probably] [patronymic]) Name of a Muni, [Mahābhārata]
2) of various authors, [Catalogue(s)]
[Sanskrit to German]
Sanskrit, also spelled संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam), is an ancient language of India commonly seen as the grandmother of the Indo-European language family (even English!). Closely allied with Prakrit and Pali, Sanskrit is more exhaustive in both grammar and terms and has the most extensive collection of literature in the world, greatly surpassing its sister-languages Greek and Latin.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Search found 4 books and stories containing Bhaluki, Bhāluki; (plurals include: Bhalukis, Bhālukis). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles:
Rasa Jala Nidhi, vol 5: Treatment of various afflictions (by Bhudeb Mookerjee)
Part 4 - Chemists of the Metallic School: Introduction < [A Brief History of Indian Chemistry and Medicine]
Rasa Jala Nidhi, vol 2: Minerals (uparasa) (by Bhudeb Mookerjee)
Part 3 - Extraction of essence from tuttha < [Chapter V - Uparasa (5-6): Tuttha and Sasyaka (copper sulphate)]
Mahabharata (English) (by Kisari Mohan Ganguli)
A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 2 (by Surendranath Dasgupta)