Benda-kaya: 1 definition
Benda-kaya means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Benda-kaya in India is the name of a plant defined with Abelmoschus esculentus in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Roxb., nom. illeg. (among others).
2) Benda-kaya is also identified with Hibiscus esculentus It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Roxb., nom. illeg. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· New Botanist (1976)
· Santeria Yoruba. (1995)
· Ewé: the use of plants in Yoruba society. (1995)
· Flora de Veracruz (1992)
· Ueber einige künstliche Geschlechter aus der Malvenfamilie (1787)
· Notulae ad Plantas Asiaticas (1854)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Benda-kaya, for example side effects, chemical composition, health benefits, diet and recipes, extract dosage, pregnancy safety, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Benda-kaya; (plurals include: kayas) in any book or story.