Baralunia: 1 definition
Baralunia means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Baralunia in India is the name of a plant defined with Portulaca oleracea in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Portulaca oleracea subsp. nicaraguensis Danin & H.G. Baker (among others).
2) Baralunia is also identified with Portulaca quadrifida It has the synonym Illecebrum verticillatum Burm. f. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Monographs in Systematic Botany from the Missouri Botanical Garden (2180)
· Rhodora (1993)
· Israel Journal of Botany (1978)
· Histoire Physique, Politique et Naturelle de l’Ile de Cuba … Botanique—Plantes Vasculaires (1845)
· Fl. Malesiana (1971)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Baralunia, for example extract dosage, chemical composition, side effects, diet and recipes, health benefits, pregnancy safety, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Baralunia; (plurals include: Baralunias) in any book or story.