Ayodhadhaumya, aka: Āyodhadhaumya; 1 Definition(s)
Ayodhadhaumya means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Purana and Itihasa (epic history)
1) Ayodhadhaumya (अयोधधौम्य).—(Āyodhadhaumya). Āpodadhaumya, Apodadhaumya, Dhaumya. A great Muni (sage). He had three disciples, Āruṇi, Upamanyu and Veda. Disciple Āruṇi. He belonged to Pāñcāla, and once his guru deputed him to construct embankments in the field. But, his attempts to construct embankments did not succeed. Finally he lay himself in the field where the embankment was required, and then the flow of water stopped. The guru enquired about Āruṇi, who was thus lying in the field. Then only he knew the reason for Āruṇi’s absence. The guru went to the field and called Āruṇi. Then the embankment burst open and Āruṇi came out, and because of that Āruṇi got the name Uddālaka. (Mahābhārata, Chapter 3, Verses 21-33). (See full article at Story of Ayodhadhaumya from the Puranic encyclopaedia by Vettam Mani)
2) Āyodhadhaumya (आयोधधौम्य).—See under Ayodhadhaumya.Source: archive.org: Puranic Encyclopaedia
The Purana (पुराण, purāṇas) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahapuranas total over 400,000 shlokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 6 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Veḍā (वेडा).—f. (-ḍā) A boat. E. viḍ to curse, aff. ac, and ṭāp added.--- OR --- Veda (वेद).—m....
1) Uddālaka (उद्दालक).—A disciple called Āruṇi of the teacher Āyodhadhaumya. To know how Āruṇi ...
Upamanyu is the son of Vyāghrapāda (previously known as Madyanthinar), whose story is associate...
1) Andha (अन्ध).—An offspring of Kaśyapa by his wife Kadrū. (Mahābhārata, Udyoga Parva, Chapter...
1) Aruṇī (अरुणी).—Name given to Aruṇa when he attended Indra’s assembly disguised as female. (S...
1) Dhaumya (धौम्य).—A hermit. General information. This hermit was the younger brother of Deval...
No search results for Ayodhadhaumya or Āyodhadhaumya in any book or story.