Attention, 2 Definition(s)
Attention means something in Buddhism, Pali. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Buddhism)
See manasikāra (Pali for Attention).Source: Wisdom Library: Buddhism
Search found 175 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Viññāṇa, (nt.) (fr. vi+jñā; cp. Vedic vijñāna cognition) (as special term in Buddhist metaphys...
satipaṭṭhāna : (nt.) application of mindfulness.
manasikāra : (m.) ideation; consideration.
Śaṭī (शटी) is a Sanskrit word referring to Hedychium spicatum (spiked ginger lily), from the...
1) Jhāna, 2 (nt.) (from jhāyati2) conflagration, fire D. III, 94; J. I, 347. (Page 286)2) Jhān...
1) Kuśala (कुशल).—One of the seven sons of Dyutimān, who was a son of Priyavrata, acco...
Bhāva (भाव, “psychological states”, lit. “feelings”).—An anquiry in this connexion is, “Why are...
1a) Yoni (योनि).—Same as Dhūtapāpā: a river in Kuśadvīpa.** Matsya-purāṇa 122. 71.1b) The...
Cittā (चित्ता) is the name of a mind-born ‘divine mother’ (mātṛ), created for th...
1a) Deva (देव).—The name of the 6th Kalpa.** Matsya-purāṇa 290. 4.1b) With fourteen faces...
mano : (from taken by mana in cpds.)
Pūjā (पूजा) is a Sanskrit word referring to “offering of worship”.
Vitakka, (vi+takka) reflection, thought, thinking; “initial application” (Cpd. 282).—Defd as “...
Kāya (काय) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to the anabolic character of the human bod...
Prāṇāyāma (प्राणायाम, “breath control”) used in yoga practice, especially aṣṭāṅg...
Search found 1209 books containing Attention. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Different Aspects of Mindfulness > Just Bare Attention
- · Cetasikas > ... > Vitality And Attention
- · Mindfulness Meditation Made Easy > Bare Attention
- · Abhidhamma In Daily Life > ... > Manasikara
- · Parables of Rama > ... > Half-hearted Action
- · Parables of Rama > ... > Reflex Action
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The story of a retired soldier
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Follow-up Vithi
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.6.80
- · A Golden Ring > Meditation As A Corrective Measure
- · A Simple Guide to Life > Mindfulness Of Breathing
- · Vedānta-sūtras Part I > ... > I, 4, 28
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.6.44
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.7.6
- · Vipassana Meditation Course > ... > Walking Meditation
- · The Bhikkhus Rules > ... > Committing Offences
- · The Four Noble Truths > ... > Realisation
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The example of a short boy
- · Early Chola Temples > ... > *Temples of the age of Uttama Chola*
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.2.75
» Click here to see all 1209 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.