Apicya, Apīcya: 6 definitions
Apicya means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Alternative spellings of this word include Apichya.
Languages of India and abroad
Sanskrit dictionarySource: DDSA: The practical Sanskrit-English dictionary
1) Very handsome or beautiful (atisundara) अपीच्यदर्शनं श्यामं तडिद्वाससमच्युतम् (apīcyadarśanaṃ śyāmaṃ taḍidvāsasamacyutam) Bhāg.1.12.8.
2) Secret, concealed, hidden.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Cappeller Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Apīcya (अपीच्य).—[adjective] secret, hidden.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary
1) Apīcya (अपीच्य):—mfn. (3, 4) ([from] api-añc), secret, hidden, [Ṛg-veda]
2) very handsome ([varia lectio] apīvya), [Bhāgavata-purāṇa]Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Goldstücker Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Apīcya (अपीच्य):—m. f. n.
(-cyaḥ-cyā-cyam) 1) (ved.) Concealed, hidden, secret.
2) Very beautiful See apīvya. E. apyac, taddh. aff. yat; (another etym. which is also given by Sāyaṇa, viz. ci with apa, uṇ. aff. yak is without probability; for similar formations comp. pratīcya, anūcya).
[Sanskrit to German]
Sanskrit, also spelled संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam), is an ancient language of India commonly seen as the grandmother of the Indo-European language family (even English!). Closely allied with Prakrit and Pali, Sanskrit is more exhaustive in both grammar and terms and has the most extensive collection of literature in the world, greatly surpassing its sister-languages Greek and Latin.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Starts with: Apicyadarshana.
Search found 1 books and stories containing Apicya, Apīcya; (plurals include: Apicyas, Apīcyas). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles: