Agnikṣetra, aka: Agni-kshetra, Agnikshetra; 2 Definition(s)
Agnikṣetra (अग्निक्षेत्र) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to the “sacrificial site”. It is used throughout Vāstuśāstra (Hindu science of architecture) literature such as the Bṛhatsaṃhitā or the Viṣṇudharmottara.
Agni (अग्नि) is the Sanskrit name for a deity to be worshipped during raṅgapūjā, according t...
Kurukṣetra (कुरुक्षेत्र) is a Sanskrit word referring to one of the sixty-eight places hosti...
Jaṭharāgni (जठराग्नि):—This ‘Agni’ finally digests the food. After the foo...
Kṣetra (क्षेत्र) is a Sanskrit word referring to “field of activities”, the body...
Dakṣiṇāgni (दक्षिणाग्नि).—Represents the face of the Veda.** Vāyu-purāṇa 104. 85.
The five Bhūtāgnis act upon the respective bhautika portions of food and thereby nourish the...
The seven Dhātvāgnis act upon the respecive dhātus by which each dhātu is broken in three pa...
Gārhapatyāgni (गार्हपत्याग्नि, “The householder’s fire”):—One of the...
Agniśikha (अग्निशिख) is another name of Somadatta, who was a Brāhman from the city of Kauśām...
Mandāgni (मन्दाग्नि) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to “dyspeptic” (havi...
Agnimantra (अग्निमन्त्र).—Before any dramatic performance (nāṭya) takes place, gods an...
Kravyādagni (क्रव्यादग्नि).—A son of Kṣāma who consumes dead human beings.** Brahmāṇḍa-pu...
Refers to Buddha Land or each place where a celestial Buddha resides.
Śukrāgni (शुक्राग्नि, “semen-fire”):—One of the seven tissue fires (Dhatva...
Vāḍavāgni (वाडवाग्नि, “marefire”):—One of the five natural forms of Agni (...
- · The Brahma Purana > Indradyumna and Purushottama Kshetra
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part III > Plan of Fire-Altar (Agnikṣetra)
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > 8. The Agni Purāṇa
- · The Markandeya Purana > Eulogy of Agni and fire
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 3, Part II > ... > Inquiry into Agni, Soma or fire and moon
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part IV > ... > X, 3, 3. Third Brāhmaṇa
- · Vedānta-sūtras Part II > ... > III, 3, 46
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part II > ... > IV, 6, 3. Third Brāhmaṇa
- · Śāṅkhāyana-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya I, Khaṇḍa 18
- · Pāraskara-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya II, Kaṇḍikā 4
- · Vedānta-sūtras Part II > ... > III, 1, 4
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part IV > ... > X, 4, 5. Fifth Brāhmaṇa
- · Āśvalāyana-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya I, Kaṇḍikā 21
- · Vedānta-sūtras Part II > ... > III, 3, 52
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part III > ... > VI, 3, 2. Second Brāhmaṇa
- · Śāṅkhāyana-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya I, Khaṇḍa 17
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part IV > ... > X, 6, 2. Second Brāhmaṇa
- · Pāraskara-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya I, Kaṇḍikā 2
- · The Kena Upanishad with Shankara’s Commentary > ... > Verse 27
- · The Brahma Purana > The Owl and the Dove
» Click here to see all 953 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.