Adashu, Adāśu: 6 definitions
Adashu means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
The Sanskrit term Adāśu can be transliterated into English as Adasu or Adashu, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Languages of India and abroad
Sanskrit dictionarySource: DDSA: The practical Sanskrit-English dictionary
Adāśu (अदाशु).—a. Ved. Not giving, -दाश्वस् (dāśvas) a. Ved. Not giving, miserly, poor; irreligious, impious, जघन्वाँ इन्द्र मित्रेरूञ्चोदप्रवृद्धो हरिवो अदाशून् (jaghanvāṃ indra mitrerūñcodapravṛddho harivo adāśūn) Rv.1. 174.6. यस्ते देवाँ अदाशुरिः प्रममर्ष मघत्तये (yaste devāṃ adāśuriḥ pramamarṣa maghattaye) Rv.8.45.15.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Adāśu (अदाशु):—[=a-dāśu] [from a-dāna] ([Ṛg-veda i, 174, 6]) mfn. not worshipping the deities, impious.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Goldstücker Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Adāśu (अदाशु):—[tatpurusha compound] m.
(-śuḥ) (ved.) Not liberal, not pious. E. a neg. and dāśu.
[Sanskrit to German]
Sanskrit, also spelled संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam), is an ancient language of India commonly seen as the grandmother of the Indo-European language family (even English!). Closely allied with Prakrit and Pali, Sanskrit is more exhaustive in both grammar and terms and has the most extensive collection of literature in the world, greatly surpassing its sister-languages Greek and Latin.
Kannada-English dictionarySource: Alar: Kannada-English corpus
1) [verb] to press together to compress; to stuff into.
2) [verb] to insert to ornament by laying in or insert pieces of metal, ivory etc; to inlay.
3) [verb] to hold firmly.
4) [verb] to happen; to befall 6) to enter or move forward forcibly.
5) [verb] to pierce; to penetrate into (as a knife, needle etc.).
6) [verb] to mix, join (different things) together.
7) [verb] to meet; to come closer or into physical contact.
8) [verb] to cause to happen, manifest vehemently.
9) [verb] to undertake; to take up (a work).
10) [verb] to assemble; to crowd.
11) [verb] to hide oneself.
12) [verb] to need eagerly (as in ನೀರಡಸು [niradasu]).
13) [verb] ಒಂದು ಅಡಸಲು ಏಳು ಅಡಸು [omdu adasalu elu adasu] ondu aḍasalu ēłu aḍasu (prov.) (difficulties) to come together (i.e. not befalling in isolation or separately); ಅಡಸಿಕೊ [adasiko] aḍasiko to overfill (into a container by oneself).
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as opposed to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern region of India.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Starts with: Adashuri.
No search results for Adashu, Adāśu, Adasu, A-dashu, A-dāśu, A-dasu, Aḍasu; (plurals include: Adashus, Adāśus, Adasus, dashus, dāśus, dasus, Aḍasus) in any book or story.