Śyāmalā, aka: Shyamala; 1 Definition(s)
Śyāmalā means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Śyāmalā can be transliterated into English as Shyamala or Syamala, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Śyāmalā (श्यामला).—Is Lalitā.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 19. 33; 23. 94; 30. 48.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 5 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Rati (रति).—What is meant by ‘liking for certain objects’ (rati)? Desire for different and stra...
Pūrvāmnāya (पूर्वाम्नाय).—This āmnāya is described as the Yoginīmatasāra present in bo...
Ketana (केतन).—A charioteer of Viśukra, killed by Śyāmalā.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 28. 104...
Vaikrānta (‘Turmaline’):—That which has eight edges, eight facets, six ang...
Cakrarajarathendra (चक्ररजरथेन्द्र).—Śrīcakra? Nine sections are distinguished. In the ni...
Search found 7 books containing Śyāmalā or Shyamala. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.6.73-75
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > Fifth Wave: Conjugal Love
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > Works of Vallabha and his Disciples
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > First Wave: Qualities of Pure Bhakti
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 5: Kalpasthana > The medical treatment of insect bites
- · Śrī Rādhā Sahasra-nāma Stotra > Read Contents
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > Second Wave: Devotional Service In Practice
» Click here to see all 7 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.