Śrutakarman, aka: Shrutakarman; 1 Definition(s)
Śrutakarman means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
1a) Śrutakarman (श्रुतकर्मन्).—A son of Sahadeva and Draupadī.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 22. 30; Matsya-purāṇa 50. 52; Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 20. 42.
1b) A son of Chāyā and Mārtāṇḍa (sun); became later Śanaiścara.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 59. 48; Vāyu-purāṇa 84. 50.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 1 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1) Sahadeva (सहदेव).—Nakula’s twin, and the fifth of the sons of Pāṇḍu, and youn...
Search found 9 books containing Śrutakarman or Shrutakarman. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CCXXXIII
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Fifth and Sixth Days of the Great Battle
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Kuru
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CCXXIII
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section XCV
- · Mahabharata > ... > Ashvatthama Destroys the Pandava Army
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section XII
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with S
- · Mahabharata > Sauptika Parva
» Click here to see all 9 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.