Śini, aka: Shini, Sini; 5 Definition(s)
Śini (शिनि).—The father of Sātyaki, and a king of the Yadu dynasty.
Śini (शिनि):—Son of Garga (one of the five sons of Manyu). He had a son named Gārgya. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.21.19-20)
Sini (सिनि): One of the suitors to Devaki's hand. A kinsman of the Kauravas.
He was the Yadava warrior, who defeated Somadatta and won the hand of the princess Devaki for his friend Vasudeva. He was the grandfather of Satyaki, who was a great friend and disciple of Arjuna.
Sinīvālī (सिनीवाली).—Left her consort Kardama and loved Soma with 8 other Devis; a devī a...
1) Somadatta (सोमदत्त) is the name of a Brāhman from the city of Kauśāmbī, according to the ...
Sātyaki (सात्यकि).—(also Śaineya and Yuyudhāna) a son of Satyaka;1 followed Kṛṣṇa to Hās...
1a) Gārgya (गार्ग्य).—A son of Śini. From Kṣatriyas, Brāhmaṇa lines came into being.** Bh...
1a) Garga (गर्ग).—A son of (Bhuva) Manyu and father of Śini, (Chini).** Matsya-purāṇa 49....
Mādrī (माद्री).—The co-wife (with Kuntī) of King Pāṇḍu. She conceived Nakula and Sahad...
1a) Bhajamāna (भजमान).—(Bhajina) a son of Sātvata: had two sons by one wife and three oth...
1a) Anamitra (अनमित्र).—A son of Yudhājit. Father of Nimna, and Śini. A third son was Vṛṣ...
Yuyudhāna (युयुधान): Another name of Satyaki, who was not killed in the warfare but in a mutual...
1) Śītaṃśu (शीतंशु).—A son of Atri born of his tejas in tapas; fell down on the earth lan...
1a) Svayambhoja (स्वयम्भोज).—A son of Sini, and father of Hṛdīka.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. ...
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Anamitra and Andhaka
- · Mahabharata > ... > Satyaki Follows the Path of Arjuna
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section XVIII
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CLXXV
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Death of Jayadratha
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CXVIII
- · The Mahabharata - Second Book > ... > Section IV
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CXX
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Puru
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with S
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description of the race of puru
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Third Day of Rivalry at Kurukshetra; Bhishma and Arjuna Reek Havoc
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the description of the enclosure walls built of Padmarāga maṇi, etc., of the Maṇi Dvīpa
- · Mahabharata > ... > Bhishma Assesses the Heroes and Reveals Shikhandi's Mysterious Birth
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > An account of the sons of Satvata
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Pandavas Prepare for War
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Contents
» Click here to see all 18 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.