Śatabhiṣa, aka: Shatabhisha, Śatabhiṣā; 2 Definition(s)
Śatabhiṣa means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Śatabhiṣa can be transliterated into English as Shatabhisha or Satabhisa, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Śatabhiṣā (शतभिषा).—A constellation.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa V. 23. 6.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
General definition (in Hinduism)
Śatabhiṣa (शतभिष, ‘having a hundred physicians’) or Śatabhiṣaj seems to be λ Aquarii with the others around it vaguely conceived as numbering a hundred.Source: archive.org: Vedic index of Names and Subjects
Search found 2 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Śatabhiṣā-nakṣatra (शतभिषा-नक्षत्र):—Name for a particular section of the ecliptic. Na...
The Śatatārakā-nakṣatra (शततारका-नक्षत्र) is another name for the Śatabhiṣā-nakṣatra, a part...
Search found 8 books containing Śatabhiṣa, Shatabhisha or Śatabhiṣā. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Of occasional Shraddhas, or obsequial ceremonies
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the Dhruva Maṇḍalam
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description Of Yogas And Muhurtas
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the motion of the Sun
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 2.31
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Discourses on Astrology
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume I > Emission of Rays
- · A Dictionary Of Chinese Buddhist Terms > Eight Strokes
» Click here to see all 8 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.