Śāstā, aka: Shasta, Śāsta; 2 Definition(s)
Śāstā means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Śāsta (शास्त).—The synonymous name of Śāsta is Ayyappa. Ayyappa is derived from the word Ārya. The āgamas refer to his name as Ārya only. The cult of Ayyappa is late in its origin. Hence, sculptures also belong to later period. The iconographic features are that he is two-handed, he sits in utkuṭitāsana and his mount is elephant. His weapons depicted are either the vajrāyudha or the bow made of sugarcane. According to mythology, he is Hariharaputra i.e. son bom from the union of Śiva and Viṣṇu (in the form of Mohini).Source: Shodhganga: Temples of Salem region Up to 1336 AD
about this context:
Vāstuśāstra (वास्तुशास्त्र, vastu-shastra) refers to the knowledge of architecture. It is a branch of ancient Indian science dealing with topics such architecture, construction, sculpture and their relation with the cosmic universe.
Search found 4 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Nāṭya (नाट्य) is a Sanskrit technical term, referring to “dramatic art”. Accordi...
In a svayampradhāna temple of Subrahmaṇya there are required to be set up eight parivāra-dev...
|Ten Titles of Buddha|
represent the characteristics of Buddha 1. Tathagata - the Thus Come Ones 2. Arhat - worthy...
1) Subrahmaṇya is almost exclusively a South Indian deity. There is not a village, however s...
Search found 15 books containing Śāstā, Shasta or Śāsta. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.22
- · The Vimalakirti Nirdesa Sutra > The Offering Of Dharma
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Chapter II
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Bhagavad-rasa-tattva
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume I > Explanation of the Word Bhagavat
- · Shakti and Shakta > ... > The Āgamas and the Future
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Bhāgavat-tattva
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume III > The Eight Recollections
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume I > The Arrival of the Bodhisattvas of the Ten Directions
- · Haṭha Yogha Pradīpikā > On Mudrās
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume III > The Ten Powers of the Buddha according to the Abhidharma
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume III > Introduction
- · A Dictionary Of Chinese Buddhist Terms > Two Strokes
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > First Wave: Ecstatic Excitants
- · Ancient Egypt the Light of the World > The Egyptian Wisdom In Other Jewish Writings
» Click here to see all 15 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.