by I. B. Horner | 2014 | 345,334 words | ISBN-13: 9781921842160
The English translation of the Bhikkhu-vibhanga: the first part of the Suttavibhanga, which itself is the first book of the Pali Vinaya Pitaka, one of the three major ‘baskets’ of Therevada canonical literature. It is a collection of rules for Buddhist monks. The English translation of the Vinaya-pitaka (first part, bhikkhu-vibhanga) contains many...
Published in 2014 by SuttaCentral.
Originally published by the Pali Text Society in the following years:
- Vol. 1: 1938
- Vol. 2: 1940
- Vol. 3: 1942
- Vol. 4: 1951
- Vol. 5: 1950
- Vol. 6: 1966
In May 2013, these volumes were kindly released by the Pali Text Society under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 licence (CC BY-NC 3.0). The current SuttaCentral edition, including all revisions, corrections, additions, and modifications, is released under the same terms, which are as follows.
You are free to:
- Share—copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt—remix, transform, and build upon the material.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution—You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial—You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions—You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.