by Htoo Naing | 2005 | 57,704 words
This ebook is about Patthana Dhamma, the 7th text of abhidhamma pitaka or tipitaka, reffering to the teachings of The Buddha, also known as: the Exalted One, Fully Enlightened One, Tathagata, Well Gone One; 623 BC. The materials are from a small booklet of Chatthasangayanamula Patthana Pali and Abhidhammatthasangaha text written by Venerable Anur...
Maggangāni magga sampayuttakānam dhammānam tam samutthānananca rūpānam magga paccayena paccayo.
Magga paccayo is this. There are maggangas or angas of magga or limbs of magga or parts of path consciousness. All these 8 dhammas are cetasika dhammas. These 8 maggangas or magga factors or path factors are
- samma ditthi or pannindriya cetasika of path consciousness
- samma sankappa or magga vitakka cetasika or initial application of path consciousness
- samma vāca or samma vaca cetasika or vaci ducarita virati cetasika or right speech of path consciousness
- samma kammanta or kāya ducarita virati cetasika or right action of path consciousness
- samma ajiva or micchā jiva viratī cetasika or right livelihood of path consciousness
These above 3 cetasikas are sīla maggangas or moral conduct group of path factors.
- samma vāyāma or viriya cetasika or right effort of path consciousness
- samma sati or sati cetasika or right mindfulness of path consciousness
- samma samādhi or ekaggata cetasika or right concentration of path consciousness
These above 3 cetasikas are samādhi maggangas or tranquility group of path factors.
These 8 path factors serve as magga paccaya or path condition for magga cittas or path consciousness and their associated nāma dhamma of 36 cetasikas to the most and cittaja rūpa or path consciousness born rūpas including kāyavinatti rūpa of iriyas or posture.