by Gelongma Karma Migme Chödrön | 2001 | 940,961 words
This is the English translation of the Maha-prajnaparamita-sastra (“the treatise on the great virtue of wisdom”) by Nagarjuna (c. 2nd century A.D.). The book, in the form of an encyclopedia on Buddhism, is a commentary on the Pancavimsatisahasrika Prajnaparamita (“the perfection of wisdom in five thousand lines”). Volume I describes the conditions...
- Sub-Contents: (+ / -)
- recollection of the Buddha (buddhānusmṛti),
- recollection of the Dharma (dharmānusmṛti),
- recollection of the Community (saṃghānusmṛti),
- recollection of discipline (śīlānusmṛti),
- recollection of abandonment (tyāgānusmṛti),
- recollection of the deities (devatānusmṛti),
- recollection of inhalation and exhalation (ānāpānasmṛti),
- recollection of death (maraṇānusmṛti).