In the teaching of the Dhamma, the following main salient factors are of importance:
- Kamma and Kammavipaka, i.e. proper understanding of ones action and its fruit,
- The four Sublime Factors of Living (Brahmavihara),
- The Dependent Origination(Paticcasamuppada),
- The Forty objects of Concentration (Samatha),
- The Penetrating insight in the Real Nature of Mind and Body (Vipassana),
- The Four Noble Truths (Ariya sacca),
- The Noble Eightfold Path (Ariya atthangika magga),
- The Supramundane Blissful Happiness (Nibbana) or the State of Ultimate Deliverance from all sufferings.
To sum up all these main factors in the Dhamma, the Buddha instructed us only in a verse:
Sabba papassa akaranam,
Etam Buddhassa sasanam.
The meaning is this, Refrain from all evils, cultivate what is good and purify ones mind, this is the Teaching of the Buddha."
In conclusion if one really practises the Dhamma diligently and strenuously developing self discipline, self purification and self enlightenment, one is in consequence, assured of attaining the Supreme Blissful of Nibbana in this present life.