Yogi, aka: Yogī; 9 Definition(s)
yogī : (m.) one who practices spiritual exercise.
Yogi (योगी): One who practices yoga, These designations are mostly reserved for advanced practitioners. The word "yoga" itself—from the Sanskrit root yuj ("to yoke") --is generally translated as "union" or "integration" and may be understood as union with the Divine, or integration of body, mind, and spirit.
A person who practices some form of yoga. Male-yogin, female-yogini.
One of the 108 names of Krishna; Meaning: "The Supreme Master"
M (The one who trains into the development of concentration). Person who practices satipatthana or meditation.
|· Yogāvacara Yogi||
'one devoted to mental training,' is in Vis.M. the usual name for the disciple c...
|· Śāmbhava Upāya||
Sambhavopaya = Śāmbhava Upāya. (the means or path of Sambhava or SamAvesa = I...
Sambhavopaya = Śāmbhava Upāya. (the means or path of Sambhava or SamAvesa =...
Once upon a time, I (Vasiṣṭha ) was in the august synod of Devendra along wit...
If a yogi falls from his heights, it is due to his association with siddhis a...
Prāṇāyāma (प्राणायाम) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to the “wi...
Yogin, (adj. -n.) (fr. yoga, cp. Class. Sk. yogin) 1. (-°) applying oneself (to)...
Muṣṭi (मुष्टि):—Dr Awasthi believes the word ‘muṣṭi’ refers...
A great Indian Buddhist Yogi and scholar who composed a number of works on logic...
Asaṅga, (adj.) (a + saṅga) not sticking to anything, free from attachment, unatt...
According to Vaishnavas the Buddha incarnation was taken in order to delude t...
Sahasrāra = thousand, infinite. The Sahasrāra Chakra is located on the crown ...
|· Yukteswar Giri||
Yukteswar Giri (1855-1936) is the monastic name of Priya Nath Karar, the guru...
Pretāsana (प्रेतासन) is the posture in which the yogi lies flat on his back, ...
According to the “Vṛddhatraya” written by Haladhara, Govindapāda ...
- · The Markandeya Purana > The Yogi’s religious course
- · The Markandeya Purana > The Yogi’s bliss
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 1 > ... > The state of a Perfect yogi
- · Parables of Rama > ... > Hatha Yoga Samadhi
- · Vivekachudamani > Verse 359
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Relevancy Of Cause To Effect
- · A Golden Ring > Supplications
- · Vipassana Meditation > ... > Mindfulness Of Daily Activities
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Right View, Etc.
- · Śrī Hari-bhakti-kalpa-latikā > ... > Text 16
- · The Mandukya Upanishad with Gaudapada’s Karika and Shankara’s Commentary > ... > Kārikā, verse 3.41
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 1 > ... > he Consummation of Yoga (Siddhi)
- · Vipassana Meditation > Preface
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Thoughts And Tactile Impressions
- · Vipassana Meditation Course > ... > The Five Mental Faculties
- · Vivekachudamani > Verse 370
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Knowledge For Vipassana Practice
- · Vivekachudamani > Verse 418
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Follow-up Vithi
- · Vivekachudamani > Verse 277
» Click here to see all 329 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.