White, 3 Definition(s)
The color white is used by Buddhist devotees to show their commitment to keeping the Precepts — usually the Eight Precepts — on Observance Days. (White robes are also worn by the anagarika, or postulant before he becomes a monk.)
|White Book of Rhydderch|
Llyfr Gwyn Rhydderch, or the White Book of Rhydderch, is the older of the two major mediaeva...
Seta, (adj.) (Vedic śveta & śvitra; cp. Av. spaēta white; Lith. szaitýti to make light; Ohg....
Odāta, (adj.) (Derivation unknown. The Sk. is avadāta, ava + dāta, pp. of hypothetical dā4 to c...
The predominant and characteristic form of leprosy in the Old Testament is a white variety, cov...
Āgyā = Command, Knowledge, Wisdom. In the Āgyā Chakra the development of our wisdom and huma...
This is the rendering of the Hebrew word libneh , which occurs in ( Genesis 30:37 ) and Hose 4:...
Visuddhi, (f.) (vi+suddhi) brightness, splendour, excellency; (ethically) purity, holiness, sa...
Kalki (कल्कि).—He is the tenth incarnation of Lord Viṣṇu. He arrives on a white horse ...
a mountain range in the north of Palestine. The name Lebanon signifies white, and was applied e...
The term `Pharaoh` is a title comes from the Greek language and used to refer to the ancient...
A mahasala brahmin, ranking with eminent brahmins such as Canki, Tarukkha, Pokkharasati and T...
According to the Vatula-tantra, the bindu represents the māyopādāna with which Śiva associat...
Śaṅkha (शङ्ख).—A son of King Viraṭa. He was killed Droṇa during the Kurukṣetra war; th...
Śvetāmbara (श्वेताम्बर) is another name (synonym) for Śitāvarī, which is a Sanskrit name for...
Kumuda (कुमुद):—One of the eight guardians of Vaikuṇṭha, according to the Pāñcarātra l...
- · Heimskringla > ... > Death Of Guthorm And Halfdan The White
- · Heimskringla > ... > Thrand White's Murder
- · A Collection of Popular Tales from the Norse and North German > The Twelve White Peacocks
- · Village Folk-tales of Ceylon Volume 1 > ... > The White Turtle
- · The Way of the White Clouds > ... > On the Way of the White Clouds
- · Patipada > The Story Of The White-robed Upasaka
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Pathology of the diseases of the sclerotic coat
- · Rumanian Bird and Beast Stories > ... > Charm against Evil Eye
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.8
- · A Blessed Pilgrimage > Preliminary Services
- · The Bundahishn > The Chieftainship Of People And Animals
- · Āśvalāyana-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya II, Kaṇḍikā 3
- · Village Folk-tales of Ceylon Volume 2 > ... > The Magic Lute Player
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.4.45
- · The Way of the White Clouds > Document License Information
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 4.65
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 11.130
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.6.72
- · Folklore of the Santal Parganas > ... > The Crow and the Egret
- · The Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa, Part III > ... > V, 3, 2. Second Brāhmaṇa
» Click here to see all 1625 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.