Vijitavi, aka: Vijitāvī; 2 Definition(s)
1. Vijitavi. A khattiya in the time of Kondanna Buddha. He lived in the city of Candavati, but, after hearing the Buddha preach, he renounced household life and became a monk. BuA.111; Bu.iii.9; J.i.30.
2. Vijitavi. A khattiya, of Arimanda city. He was the Bodhisatta in the time of Phussa Buddha. He later joined the Order and became an eminent monk. BuA.194; Bu.xix.7; J.i.40.
3. Vijitavi. One of the palaces occupied by Narada Buddha in his last lay life. BuA.i.151; but see Narada.
4. Vijitavi. A Burmese author of Vijitapura (Panya); he wrote a Kaccayanavannana on the Sandhikappa and the Vacakopadesa. Sas. p. 90; Bode, op. cit., 46.
A treatise on Kaccayanas grammar by Vijitavi, a monk of Burma (Sas., p.90). Ther...
1. Phussa The eighteenth of the twenty four Buddhas. He was born in the Sirim...
1. Kondanna - The second of the twenty four Buddhas. After sixteen asan...
1. Raja Vagga. The ninth section of the Majjhima Nikaya (Suttas 81 90). M.ii.4...
The special name given in the books to a World ruler. The world itself means ...
1. Candavati - Wife of Assalayana and mother of Maha Kotthita. Ap.ii.480. 2...
A commentary on Kaccayanas grammar by a thera of Ceylon, named Vijitavi (Svd.124...
|· Kutadanta Sutta||
Preached at Khanumata. Kutadanta consults the Buddha on the best way of making...
1. Narada Buddha The ninth of the twenty four Buddhas, he was born in th...