Vijitavi, aka: Vijitāvī; 2 Definition(s)
1. Vijitavi. A khattiya in the time of Kondanna Buddha. He lived in the city of Candavati, but, after hearing the Buddha preach, he renounced household life and became a monk. BuA.111; Bu.iii.9; J.i.30.
2. Vijitavi. A khattiya, of Arimanda city. He was the Bodhisatta in the time of Phussa Buddha. He later joined the Order and became an eminent monk. BuA.194; Bu.xix.7; J.i.40.
3. Vijitavi. One of the palaces occupied by Narada Buddha in his last lay life. BuA.i.151; but see Narada.
4. Vijitavi. A Burmese author of Vijitapura (Panya); he wrote a Kaccayanavannana on the Sandhikappa and the Vacakopadesa. Sas. p. 90; Bode, op. cit., 46.
A treatise on Kaccayanas grammar by Vijitavi, a monk of Burma (Sas., p.90). There is also a tik...
1) Phussa, 3 (adj. -n.) (grd. formation fr. phusati2 2; scarcely fr. Sk. puṣya (to puṣ nourish...
Koṇḍañña, a well-known gotta J. II, 360. (Page 228)
The king is created for the protection of the world from out of the body of five deities. Le...
cakkavattī : (m.) a universal monarch.
Caṇḍavatī (चण्डवती):—One of the nine Durgās (navadurgā) that are worshipped for the pr...
A commentary on Kaccayanas grammar by a thera of Ceylon, named Vijitavi (Svd.1242). It deals wi...
Preached at Khanumata. Kutadanta consults the Buddha on the best way of making a sacrifice ef...
Nārada (नारद) is first of all known to us in the medical context as a participant of the mee...
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.