Vihara Sutta, aka: Vihāra sutta; 2 Definition(s)
1. Vihara Sutta. On the nine kinds of abiding (vihara) in the four jhanas and in the spheres of infinite space, infinite consciousness, nothingness, neither perception nor non perception, and in the sphere where feeling and perception have ended. A.iv.410.
2. Vihara Sutta. On the nine attainments of gradual abiding, similar to Sutta 1, the abiding being the same.
3. Vihara Sutta. See the Padesavihara Sutta.
|· Vajjiputta Sutta||
1. Contains the story of the discontent of Vajjiputta (1). S.i.201f. 2. Vesali ...
Sutta means a discourse of the Buddha. The Sutras (Sanskrit; Pali Sutta) are ...
a monastery, temple
One of the principal hells (J.v.266, 267, 268). Beings born there are placed on ...
|· Brahma Vihara||
The four "sublime" or "divine" abodes that are attained t...
|· Mangala Sutta||
Preached at Jetavana in answer to a question asked by a deva as to which are t...
|· Metta Sutta||
Buddhist scripture which describes the nature of loving kindness.
|· Ratana Sutta||
1. Ratana Sutta One of the suttas of the Khuddakapatha. It is also included in ...
|· Bhikkhu Sutta||
1. Bhikkhu Sutta. A monk who knows decay and death, birth, becoming, grasping...
|· Sutta Pitaka||
The second of the three collections - principally of teachings - that comprise t...
|· Sanna Sutta||
1. Sanna Sutta. The thought of foulness, death, peril, cloying of food, distas...
|· Samadhi Sutta||
1. Samadhi Sutta. One who is concentrated is one who knows as it really is the...
|· Appamada Sutta||
1. Appamada Sutta (2) - Preached to Pasenadi. Diligence is the one quality that ...
|· Ananda Sutta||
1. Ananda Sutta - Preached by Ananda to Vangisa. Once as they were going togethe...
|· Sila Sutta||
1. Sila Sutta. The Buddha exhorts the monks to live perfect in virtue; then wi...
- · Anāgārika Dharmapāla > Internment in Calcutta – Dharmarajika Vihāra (1920)
- · The Mahavamsa > The Acceptance Of The Cetiyapabbata Vihara
- · The Mahavamsa > The Consecrating Of The Maricavatti-vihara
- · The Gospel of Buddha > Jetavana, The Vihara
- · Advice To Rāhula > Rāhula Sutta
- · The Bhikkhus Rules > ... > Auckland Vihara
- · The Vipassana Dipani > Nakhasikha Sutta
- · Metta > The Background To The Metta Sutta
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Cunda Sutta
- · The Vipassana Dipani > Kanakacchapa-sutta
- · The Buddha and His Teachings > Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta
- · The Samaññaphala Sutta > Samaññaphala Sutta
- · The Dawn of the Dhamma > The Sutta
- · The Madhura Sutta > The Madhura Sutta
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Ukkacela Sutta
- · Transcendental Dependent Arising > Upanisa Sutta
- · Metta > The Karaniya Metta Sutta
- · Transcendental Dependent Arising > An Exposition Of The Upanisa Sutta
- · The Brahmajāla Sutta > Introduction to the Brahma-Jāla Sutta
- · A Record of Buddhistic Kingdoms > Kosala And Sravasti
» Click here to see all 650 search results in a detailed overview.