sumana : (adj.) glad. || sumanā (f.), jasmine; a glad woman.
Sumanā，the great-flowered jasmine J．I，62； IV，455； DhA．IV，12．In composition sumana°．
--dāma a wreath of jasmine J．IV，455．--paṭṭa cloth with jasmine pattern J．I，62．--puppha j．flower Miln．291； VvA．147．--makula a j．bud DhA．III，371．--mālā garland of j．VvA．142．（Page 720）
- FIND THE MEANING OF THIS ITEM IN OTHER TEXT:Search found: 98 related definition(s) for 'Sumana'.
Below are the 15 most popular ones:
|· Sumana Vagga||
The fourth chapter of the Pancaka Nipata of the Anguttara Nikaya. A.iii.32-44.
|· Sumana Rajakumari Sutta||
Sumana, sister of Pasenadi, visits the Buddha at Jetavana with five hundred co...
1. Culasumana Thera - An Elder of Ceylon, master of the Tipitaka and a well kn...
A Naga king living in Anotatta lake. When Cula Sumana (q.v.) went to the lake ...
1. Anupama - City where Vessabhu Buddha was born (BuA.205, 206). The Buddhavam...
|· Campeyya Jataka||
Once the king of Magadha, at constant war with the king of Anga, obtaining the...
1. Nigrodha A Paribbajaka. Once, when he was staying with a large number of c...
A general of Dutthagamani. He was the son of Vasabha, a householder of Kutumbi...
1. Sarana. One Of the two chief disciples (J.i..34; Bu.v.26) and also step broth...
|· Khema Sutta||
1. Khema Sutta - An account of the visit paid to the Buddha at Jetavana by the...
1. Ubbari - A princess. In the time of Kakusandha she was a hen. Having heard a ...
Sanskrit word, literally means friendly and benevolent. He will be the next Budd...
1. Sirima Thera. He was born in the family of a householder of Savatthi and wa...
One of the palaces occupied by Sumana Buddha before his renunciation. BuA.186; b...
A Buddhist monarch of 300 B.C., the third emperor of the Mauryan Dynasty, who un...
Below are the most relevant:
|· The Gospel of Buddha > The Communication Of Bliss||Buddhism|
|· A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Summary||Buddhism|
|· The Mahavamsa > The Coming Of Mahinda||Buddhism|
|· The Mahavamsa > The Arrival Of The Relics||Buddhism|
|· The Mahavamsa > Second Council||Buddhism|
|· The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 506.: Campeyya-Jātaka.||Buddhism|
|· A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > The Buddha's Emphasis O…||Buddhism|
|· The Mahavamsa > The Coming Of The Bodhi-tree||Buddhism|
|· The Mahavamsa > The Entry Into The Capital||Buddhism|
|· The Mahavamsa > The Nibbana Of The Thera||Buddhism|
|· Buddhist Monastic Discipline > The New Role Of Sila In Buddhist Monastic…||Buddhism|
|· The Mahavamsa > Third Council||Buddhism|
|· The Mahavamsa > The Levying Of The Warriors||Buddhism|
|· The Book of Protection > ... > Discourse On Atanatiya||Buddhism|
|· The Mahavamsa > The Eleven Kings||Buddhism|
» Click here to see all 31 search results in a detailed overview.