Sudarshana, aka: Sudarsana, Sudarśana; 8 Definition(s)
Sudarśana (सुदर्शन):—The son of king Dhruvasandhi (son of Puṣpa) of the Solar Dynasty and his first wife Manoramā. He was the eldest son and brother to Satrujit. See the Devī-bhāgavata-purāṇa 3.14 (The glories of Devī).
According to the Bhaviṣya Purāṇa, the incarnation (birth) of the Sudarśana Cakra (as Nimbārka) occurred, in the month of Kārtika on the evening of the full moon in the year 3096 B.C.E., at the time when the grandson of Arjuna was on the throne.
1) Sudarśana (सुदर्शन):—He married of Oghavatī (Daugter of Oghavān). (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.2)
2) Sudarśana (सुदर्शन):—Son of Dhruvasandhi (son of Puṣpa). He had a son named Agnivarṇa. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.12.5)
The Discus (cakra) is called sudarśana which means ‘pleasing-to-see’, it is usually shown in iconography with a hexagon in the center. The six points of the two triangles represent the six seasons in a yearly time cycle, in the center nave is the seed sound (bija) ‘hrim’, which represents the changeless, motionless center, the Supreme Cause. The interlocking triangles symbolise the union of the male and female elements of the Universe (puruṣa=prakṛti).
Sudarsana (सुदर्सण): A warrior on the Kaurava army.
Sudarshana is a King of the solar dynasty, an ancestor of Rama. His father is Shankana and his son is Agnivarna.
One of the 108 names of Krishna; Meaning: "Handsome Lord"
Sudarśanaphāṇṭa (सुदर्शनफाण्ट) is a medicinal formulation (of the phāṇṭa type...
|· Sudarshana Chakra||
Sudarshana Chakra (सुदर्शन चक्र): Sudarshan Chakra is a spinning disc like weapo...
Agnivarṇa (अग्निवर्ण):—Son of Sudarśana (son of Dhruvasandhi). He had a...
Śrī Nimbārkācārya (or simply Nimbārka, निम्बार्क) is believed to be the incar...
Nārāyaṇa (नारायण, “Ground of being”):—One of the twenty-fou...
The Shalagram-stones that are worshipped are only those which are picked up f...
Pabhavati, see pahoti. (Page 415)
Dhruvasandhi (ध्रुवसन्धि):—In days of yore, there reigned in the countr...
Oghavatī (ओघवती):—Daugter of Oghavān (son of Pratīka). Sudarśana marrie...
|· Wheel Of Law||
The Wheel of Law (Sanskrit: Dharmacakra), sometimes representing Sakyamuni Bu...
Cakra (चक्र):—The chariot (ratha) has, as a rule, two wheels (cakra), t...
Manoramā (मनोरमा):—First wive of king Dhruvasandhi (son of Puṣpa) of th...
Mahārāja Bharata, the son of Duṣmanta, had the mark of Lord Kṛṣṇa's disc on t...
Śīghra (शीघ्र):—Son of Agnivarna (son of Sudarśana). He had a son named...
Aja (अज) is a Sanskrit word referring to the animal “goat”, the m...
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the going to the Svayamvara assembly of Sudarśana
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the killing of the enemy of Sudarśana in the great war
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On Sudarśana’s marriage
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.4.71
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the king of Benares fulfilling the advice of his daughter
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the narration of the glories of the Devī
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the installation of Durgā Devī in the city of Benares
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Worship of the divine discus (Sudarśanam)
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.5.62-63
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the installation of the Devī in Ayodhyā and Benares
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the Svayamvara hall and the kingś conversation there
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.3.15
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > The Svayambara of Śaśikalā
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the story of Viśvāmitra
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.55
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the glory of the Devī
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.3.23
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter XXXIV
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.3.23
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter XXXIII
» Click here to see all 109 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.