Ravi, 3 Definition(s)
Ravi, (cp. Sk. ravi) the sun J. II, 375 (taruṇa°-vaṇṇaratha).
—inda “king of the sun, ” N. of the lotus Dāvs III, 37. —haṃsa “sun-swan, ” N. of a bird J. VI, 539. (Page 566)
ravi : (aor. of ravati) made a noise; cried. || ravi (m.) the sun.
Raviprītā (रविप्रीता) is another name (synonym) for Ajagandhā, which is the Sanskrit word fo...
Sūrya (सूर्य) is the Sanskrit name for a deity to be worshipped during raṅgapūjā, according ...
1) Nakṣatra (नक्षत्र).—Stars as sons of Dākṣāyaṇī1 do not shine in Ilāvṛta;2 living by ...
Śrāddha (श्राद्ध, “faith, trust, belief”) is the most important ceremony connect...
Gayā (गया) is a Sanskrit word referring to one of the sixty-eight places hosting a svāyambhu...
Yamunā (यमुना, ‘twin’) the name of a river, so called as running parallel with t...
1a) Aruṇa (अरुण).—A son of Danu:1 the Rākṣasa with the sun in the months nabha and nabha...
Āditya (आदित्य) is a Sanskrit word referring to celestial deities. Acording to the Nāṭyaśāst...
Ravati, (ru: Idg. *re & *reu, cp. Lat. ravus “raw, hoarse, ” raucus, rūmor “rumour”; Gr. w)ruό...
Bhānu (भानु, “brightness”) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to the sun, wh...
Ūrdhvapātana (ऊर्ध्वपातन) is the first sub-step of Pātana, which is the fifth of the eight p...
Yavarga (यवर्ग) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to a group of letters (ya, ra, la, va...
Tiryakpātana (तिर्यक्पातन) is the final sub-step of Pātana, which is the fifth of the eight ...
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The King and two painters
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 1.23
- · The Brahma Purana > Konaraka
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.2.49
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CCLXIII
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description of investing a phallic emblem with sacred thread
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description of the rite of investing an image of Vishnu with the holy thread
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section III
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > The Garuda Vidya
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Enumeration of the names of fourteen Manus and of the Devas and Saptarsis
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 1 > Preface
- · The Nilamata Purana > Verses 1001-1100
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter XIII
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Death of Salya
- · List of Mahabharata tribes > Tribes listed on Kaurava
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > Vetāla 16: The Sacrifice of Jīmūtavāhana
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section I
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > Second Wave: Affection and Service
- · A Dictionary Of Chinese Buddhist Terms > Six Strokes
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > First Wave: Ecstatic Excitants
» Click here to see all 20 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.