Pure Land, 3 Definition(s)
A realm free from suffering in which it is easier to attain nirvana; the most famous one, Sukhavati, is the Pure Land of Amitabha Buddha and requires only calling out his name in order to be reborn in it; "Pure Land Buddhism" refers to this devotion directed towards Amitabha.
Pure, (indecl.) (is the genuine representative (with Māgadhī e) of Vedic puraḥ, which also appe...
Amitābha, (adj.) (a + mita (pp. of mā) + ā + bhā) of boundless or immeasurable splendour Sdhp.2...
|Pure Land of Vairocana|
The Lotus world, also the Pure Land of all Buddhas in their Sambhogakaya or Reward Body/Enjoyme...
jambudīpa : (m.) the country of the rose-apples; i.e. lndia.
|Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss|
This is the Buddha Land of Amitabha Buddha. In Amitabha Sutra, there is full description about ...
Also called the Saha World. It refers to the land on Earth. Saha interprets as bearing and endu...
(land of strangers ). These two forms occur in the Authorized Version but four times in all, al...
|Land of Shinar|
LXX. and Vulgate "Senaar;" in the inscriptions, "Shumir;" probably identical with Babylonia or ...
|Land Of Shalim|
land of foxes, a place apparently to the north-west of Jerusalem ( 1 Samuel 9:4 ), perhaps in t...
|Land of Shual|
land of the fox, a district in the tribe of Benjamin ( 1 Samuel 13:17 ); possibly the same as S...
|Land of Tob|
a district on the east of Jodan, about 13 miles south-east of the Sea of Galilee, to which Jeph...
|Land Of Benjamin|
The proximity of Benjamin to Ephraim during the march to the promised land was maintained in th...
|Land of Sinim|
( Isaiah 49:12 ), supposed by some to mean China, but more probably Phoenicia ( Genesis 10:17 )...
|Land Of Canaan|
(lit. lowland ), a name denoting the country west of the Jordan and the Dead Sea, and between t...
|Land Of Zuph|
( 1 Samuel 9:5 1 Samuel 9:6 ), a district in which lay Samuel's city, Ramah. It was probably so...
- · A Heart Released > Practice Is What Keeps The True Dhamma Pure
- · The Sutra of Queen Śrīmālā of the Lion’s Roar > The Inherently Pure
- · Giants in the Middle East > ... > Rephaim, Land Of The
- · Heimskringla > ... > Of Onund The Land-clearer
- · The Vimalakirti Nirdesa Sutra > The Buddha Land
- · Heimskringla > ... > King Harald S Laws For Land Property
- · The Vimalakīrti Sutra > ... > Buddha Land
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Pure Thought And Happiness
- · The Vimalakirti Nirdesa Sutra > The Buddha Of The Fragrant Land
- · Nectar of Devotion > Devotional Service in Pure Love of God
- · The Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra > ... > On Pure Actions (c)
- · The Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra > ... > On Pure Actions (d)
- · Buddhacarita > ... > Acceptance of the Jetavana Pure Abode
- · The Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra > ... > On Pure Actions (b)
- · The Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra > ... > On Pure Actions (a)
- · The Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra > ... > On Pure Actions (e)
- · Nectar of Devotion > Characteristics of Pure Devotional Service
- · Heimskringla > ... > Of The Miracle On The Corn Land
- · The Way of the White Clouds > ... > The Land of the Gods
- · The Babylonian Conception of Heaven and Hell > Salvation from the “Land without Return”
» Click here to see all 4373 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.