Philadelphia, 3 Definition(s)
love of a brother
brotherly love, a city of Lydia in Asia Minor, about 25 miles south-east of Sardis. It was the seat of one of the "seven churches" ( Revelation 3:7-12 ). It came into the possession of the Turks in A.D. 1392. It has several times been nearly destroyed by earthquakes. It is still a town of considerable size, called Allahshehr, "the city of God."
(small, little ). Nearly all the original materials for the life St. Paul are contained in the ...
(great ). A very strong place on the east of the Jordan, and the chief city of the Ammonites. I...
containing ten cities
(heights of Gilead ), one of the great fastnesses on the east of jordan, and the key to an impo...
|Kadesh Barne A Kadesh|
(Kadesh means holy ; it is the same word as the Arabic name of Jerusalem, el-Khuds . Barnea mea...
- · The civilization of Babylonia and Assyria > Frontpage 1
- · The civilization of Babylonia and Assyria > Frontpage 3
- · A fragment of the Babylonian 'Dibbara' epic > Frontpage III
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The Snares of Flattery
- · Aspects of Religious Belief and Practice in Babylonia and Assyria > Announcement
- · The civilization of Babylonia and Assyria > ... > Part III
- · Gospel of Thomas Commentary > The Twenty-four Prophets Of Israel
- · A fragment of the Babylonian 'Dibbara' epic > Chapter I
- · The civilization of Babylonia and Assyria > Preface
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume V > Supplement To The Bibliography
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > The Pañchatantra
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > The Origin of the Story of Ghaṭa and Karpara
» Click here to see all 12 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.