(Heb. yashpheh, "glittering"), a gem of various colours, one of the twelve inserted in the high priest's breast-plate ( Exodus 28:20 ). It is named in the building of the New Jerusalem ( Revelation 21:18 Revelation 21:19 ). It was "most precious," "clear as crystal" ( 21:11 ). It was emblematic of the glory of God ( 4:3 ).
a precious stone, forming one of the foundations of the walls of the new Jerusal...
(bald ), a Benjamite of the family of Beriah; one of the heads of his tribe. ( 1...
golden leek, a precious stone of the colour of leek's juice, a greenish-golden c...
|· Every Several||
Each individual; each one separately.And the foundations of the wall of the city...
A beautiful stone. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a SARDINE...
- · The Yellow Fairy Book > Alphege, or the Green Monkey
- · The civilization of Babylonia and Assyria > ... > Part XVI
- · Egyptian Magic > Magical Stones Or Amulets
- · The Blue Fairy Book > Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp
- · The Chaldean account of Genesis > Conclusion
- · The Blue Fairy Book > The Yellow Dwarf
- · The Blue Fairy Book > The Story of Prince Ahmed and the Fairy Paribanou
- · The Seven Great Monarchies of the Ancient Eastern World - Volume 1 > Arts and Sciences
- · A Dictionary Of Chinese Buddhist Terms > Fourteen Strokes
- · The Brown Fairy Book > What the Rose did to the Cypress
» Click here to see all 10 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.