Hart, 3 Definition(s)
(Heb. 'ayal), a stag or male deer. It is ranked among the clean animals ( Deuteronomy 12:15 ; 14:5 ; 15:22 ), and was commonly killed for food ( 1 Kings 4:23 ). The hart is frequently alluded to in the poetical and prophetical books ( Isaiah 35:6 ; Cant Isaiah 2:8 Isaiah 2:9 ; Lamentations 1:6 ; Psalms 42:1 ).
A deer; hind.
As the HART panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. ( Psalm 42:1 )
the female of the common stag or Cervus elaphus . It is frequently noticed in th...
Dendera was the temple dedicated to the Egyptian goddess Hathor. The temple i...
A hart that stands over Odin's hall.
Kaṇṇa, (Vedic karṇa, orig. not associated with hearing, therefore not used to si...
Rorava, (fr. ru, cp. Sk. raurava, N. of a purgatory) 1. a sort of hart (i.e. rur...
- · Rumanian Bird and Beast Stories > The Hart and the making of the World
- · Folklore of the Santal Parganas > License
- · Chaitanya's Life and Teachings > License
- · The Sarva-Darśana-Saṃgraha > License
- · Giants in the Middle East > ... > Jericho's Giants (cont.)
- · Ancient Egypt the Light of the World > Totemism, Tattoo And Fetishism As Forms Of Sign-language
» Click here to see all 6 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.