Cheops, aka: Khufu; 3 Definition(s)
The 4th Dynasty pharaoh Khufu (Cheops) built the largest pyramid in Giza in 2600 BC; it towers 480 feet into the air and its base covers 13 acres.
Khufu was the second pharaoh in the Fourth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom of ancient Egypt. His full name was Khnum Khufu ("protected by Khnum"). Manetho called him Suphis although he was known to the Greeks as Cheops.
According to the Turin Kings list Khufu reigned for about twenty three years. However, Herodotus claims that he reigned for fifty years and Manetho credits him with a massive sixty-three year reign! The highest recorded regnal year from inscription is the seventeenth year.
Grandson of Khufu.
The ram headed god;
Son of Khufu.
Sneferu (Snefru or Snofru - "he of beauty") may have been the son o...
|· Pyramids Of Giza||
The Pyramids of Giza are over 4500 years old. They were built as the burial p...
Userkaf, traditionally the first ruler of the 5th Dynasty is, like most of th...
commonly a ring engraved with some device ( Genesis 38:18 Genesis 38:25 ). Jezeb...
A seal or stamp.In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, will I take thee, O Zerubb...
Djedefre ("enduring like Re") ruled during the fourth dynasty of an...
- · Egypt Through The Stereoscope > ... > Khufu's Sarcophagus, Broken By Robbers, In The Sepulcher-chamber Of The Great Pyramid
- · Egypt Through The Stereoscope > ... > King Khufu's Tomb, The Great Pyramid Of Gizeh, And The Sepulchers Of His Nobles, From The Northwest
- · Egypt Through The Stereoscope > ... > Looking Down The Southwest Corner Of The Great Pyramid Upon The Mastabas Of Khufu's Lords
- · Egypt Through The Stereoscope > ... > The Entrance To The Great Pyramid, The Sepulcher Of Khufu (in North Face), Seen From Below
- · Egypt Through The Stereoscope > ... > Looking Down The Main Passage Leading To Khufu's Sepulcher Within The Great Pyramid
- · The Literature of the Ancient Egyptians > Stories Of Magicians Who Lived Under The Ancient Empire
- · Egypt Through The Stereoscope > ... > The Tomb Of A Feudal Lord At Benihasan, Built About 1900 B. C.
- · Egyptian Magic > Antiquity Of Magical Practices In Egypt
- · Egypt Through The Stereoscope > ... > The Road To The Pyramids, Westward Toward Gizeh
- · Egypt Through The Stereoscope > ... > The Great Pyramid Of Gizeh, A Tomb Of 5,000 Years Ago, From The Southeast
- · Egypt Through The Stereoscope > ... > Ninety-two-foot Obelisk Still Lying In The Assuan Granite Quarry At The First Cataract
- · The Instruction Addressed To Kagemni > Read Contents
- · Great Theosophists > Jesus, The Christ - Part 1
- · Egyptian Magic > Magical Stones Or Amulets
- · Egyptian Magic > Magical Figures
- · The Gods of the Egyptians Vol 1 > Thoth And Maāt
- · The Literature of the Ancient Egyptians > The Book Of The Dead
- · The Gods of the Egyptians Vol 1 > The Great Triad Of Memphis, Pthaḥ, Skehet, And I-em-ḥetep
- · Myths of Babylonia and Assyria > Wars of the City States of Sumer and Akkad
- · The Gods of the Egyptians Vol 1 > Hathor And The Hathor-goddesses
» Click here to see all 23 search results in a detailed overview.