Appamada Sutta, aka: Appamāda sutta; 2 Definition(s)
1. Appamada Sutta (2) - Preached to Pasenadi. Diligence is the one quality that acquires and keeps welfare both in this life and in the next; just as the elephants foot is chief among all feet, so is diligence the best of qualities. S.i.86, 87.
2. Appamada Sutta - Diligence must be practiced by those who know not the nature of birth, becoming, etc. S.ii.132.
3. Appamada Sutta (2) - Diligence is the harbinger of the arising of the Ariyan Eightfold Way. S.v.30, 32.
4. Appamada Sutta (2) - Diligence is most useful for the arising of the Ariyan Eightfold Way (S.v.33); there is no other single condition like it for the arising and perfection of the Way. S.v.35, 36, 37.
5. Appamada Sutta - On four occasions on which earnestness should be applied. A.ii.119f.
6. Appamada Sutta - Preached in answer to a brahmins question. Earnestness is a quality which, if developed, brings success both in this world and in the next (A.iii.364).
7. Appamada Sutta - Same as Aparihaniya Sutta (2), with the addition of samadhigaravata (A.iv.27f).
8. Appamada Sutta - Earnestness is the best and highest of all qualities. A.v.21f.
9. Appamada Sutta - The name given in the Sutta Sangaha to a sutta quoted from the Itivuttaka on the value of appamada. Itv.16.
|· Vajjiputta Sutta||
1. Contains the story of the discontent of Vajjiputta (1). S.i.201f. 2. Vesali ...
Sutta means a discourse of the Buddha. The Sutras (Sanskrit; Pali Sutta) are ...
Heedfulness; diligence; zeal. The cornerstone of all skillful mental states, and...
One of the principal hells (J.v.266, 267, 268). Beings born there are placed on ...
|· Mangala Sutta||
Preached at Jetavana in answer to a question asked by a deva as to which are t...
|· Metta Sutta||
Buddhist scripture which describes the nature of loving kindness.
|· Ratana Sutta||
1. Ratana Sutta One of the suttas of the Khuddakapatha. It is also included in ...
|· Bhikkhu Sutta||
1. Bhikkhu Sutta. A monk who knows decay and death, birth, becoming, grasping...
|· Sutta Pitaka||
The second of the three collections - principally of teachings - that comprise t...
|· Sanna Sutta||
1. Sanna Sutta. The thought of foulness, death, peril, cloying of food, distas...
|· Samadhi Sutta||
1. Samadhi Sutta. One who is concentrated is one who knows as it really is the...
|· Ananda Sutta||
1. Ananda Sutta - Preached by Ananda to Vangisa. Once as they were going togethe...
|· Sila Sutta||
1. Sila Sutta. The Buddha exhorts the monks to live perfect in virtue; then wi...
|· Cetana Sutta||
1. Cetana Sutta - That which we will and intend to do and with which we are oc...
|· Salla Sutta||
1. Salla Sutta. The eighth sutta of the Mahavagga of the Sutta Nipata. Death i...
- · Advice To Rāhula > Rāhula Sutta
- · The Vipassana Dipani > Nakhasikha Sutta
- · Metta > The Background To The Metta Sutta
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Cunda Sutta
- · The Vipassana Dipani > Kanakacchapa-sutta
- · The Buddha and His Teachings > Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta
- · The Samaññaphala Sutta > Samaññaphala Sutta
- · The Dawn of the Dhamma > The Sutta
- · Transcendental Dependent Arising > Upanisa Sutta
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Ukkacela Sutta
- · The Madhura Sutta > The Madhura Sutta
- · Transcendental Dependent Arising > An Exposition Of The Upanisa Sutta
- · Metta > The Karaniya Metta Sutta
- · The Brahmajāla Sutta > Introduction to the Brahma-Jāla Sutta
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Majjhima Nikaya
- · The Book of Protection > ... > Discourse On Loving-kindness
- · The Book of Protection > ... > Discourse On Downfall
- · The Book of Protection > ... > The Jewel Discourse
- · The Doctrine of Paticcasamuppada > Sakkayaditthi & How It Arises
- · The Book of Protection > ... > Discourse On Advantages Of Loving-kindness
» Click here to see all 498 search results in a detailed overview.