Akasa Sutta, aka: Ākāsa sutta; 2 Definition(s)
1. Akasa Sutta - A conversation between Sariputta and Ananda at Savatthi on the attainment of and dwelling in the sphere of the infinity of space (S.iii.237). The full title of the Sutta should be Akasanancayatana.
2. Akasa Sutta - Just as divers winds blow in the sky, in different directions - hot, cool, dustless, etc. - so in the body arise divers feelings. S.iv.218.
3. Akasa Sutta - Moggallana tells the monks how he won the power of dwelling in the realm of infinite space (akasanancayatana). S.iv.266.
4. Akasa Sutta - Just as divers winds blow in the sky, so when a monk cultivates the Noble Eightfold Path, the satipatthanas, the sammappadhanas, the iddhipadas, the, indriyas, the balas and the bojjhangas reach fulfilment. S.v.49.
|· Vajjiputta Sutta||
1. Contains the story of the discontent of Vajjiputta (1). S.i.201f. 2. Vesali ...
Sutta means a discourse of the Buddha. The Sutras (Sanskrit; Pali Sutta) are ...
Akasha is the Sanskrit word meaning "aether" in both its elemental ...
'space element'; see above and dhātu.
One of the principal hells (J.v.266, 267, 268). Beings born there are placed on ...
|· Mangala Sutta||
Preached at Jetavana in answer to a question asked by a deva as to which are t...
|· Metta Sutta||
Buddhist scripture which describes the nature of loving kindness.
|· Ratana Sutta||
1. Ratana Sutta One of the suttas of the Khuddakapatha. It is also included in ...
|· Bhikkhu Sutta||
1. Bhikkhu Sutta. A monk who knows decay and death, birth, becoming, grasping...
|· Sutta Pitaka||
The second of the three collections - principally of teachings - that comprise t...
|· Sanna Sutta||
1. Sanna Sutta. The thought of foulness, death, peril, cloying of food, distas...
|· Samadhi Sutta||
1. Samadhi Sutta. One who is concentrated is one who knows as it really is the...
|· Appamada Sutta||
1. Appamada Sutta (2) - Preached to Pasenadi. Diligence is the one quality that ...
|· Ananda Sutta||
1. Ananda Sutta - Preached by Ananda to Vangisa. Once as they were going togethe...
|· Sila Sutta||
1. Sila Sutta. The Buddha exhorts the monks to live perfect in virtue; then wi...
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana XII - The Âkâsa which reveals names and forms is Brahman
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana VIII - The Word ‘Âkâsa’ (ether) to be Understood as Brahman
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana V - The ‘small Âkâsa’ is Brahman
- · The Vipassana Dipani > Akasa-dhatu
- · Advice To Rāhula > Rāhula Sutta
- · The Vipassana Dipani > Nakhasikha Sutta
- · Metta > The Background To The Metta Sutta
- · Abhidhamma In Daily Life > ... > Intra-atomic Space
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Cunda Sutta
- · The Vipassana Dipani > Kanakacchapa-sutta
- · The Buddha and His Teachings > Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta
- · The Samaññaphala Sutta > Samaññaphala Sutta
- · The Dawn of the Dhamma > The Sutta
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Ukkacela Sutta
- · Transcendental Dependent Arising > Upanisa Sutta
- · The Madhura Sutta > The Madhura Sutta
- · Transcendental Dependent Arising > An Exposition Of The Upanisa Sutta
- · Metta > The Karaniya Metta Sutta
- · The Brahmajāla Sutta > Introduction to the Brahma-Jāla Sutta
- · The Life of Sariputta > ... > Majjhima Nikaya
» Click here to see all 725 search results in a detailed overview.