Abhidhamma In Daily Life
Chapter 3 - On Kusala Cetasikas
Wholesome Mental Factors
- Sub-Contents: (+ / -)
In this chapter kusala cetasikas, wholesome mental factors, will be dealt with.
The following mental factors are those that make consciousness wholesome:
- Saddha - faith, confidence,
- Sati - mindfulness, awareness.
- Hiri - moral shame,
- Ottappa - moral fear or dread,
- Alobha - non-greed, generosity,
- Adosa - non-hatred, good will,
- Amoha - non-delusion, wisdom,
- Metta - loving-kindness,
- Karuna - compassion,
- Mudita - sympathetic joy,
- Upekkha - equanimity,
- Sammavaca - right speech,
- Sammakammanta - right action,
- Samma-ajiva - right livelihood.
These fourteen good mental factors enhance the mind to be pure and wholesome.
Article published on